How do I request a change to my student loan?

You can review your previously accepted or declined Federal Student Loan on your Student Financial Aid Portal. If you determine a change is needed, submit a Loan Change Request. You will receive an email notification when the Financial Aid Office reviews your request. If the request is able to be processed, you may be notified to accept the new loan amounts on your Student Financial Aid Portal. If your request is unable to be processed, you will also receive a notice as to why and what options may be available.

Additional information about how to request a change to your student loan is available on the Loan Change service request page.

Note: If you would like your excess loan funds to be returned to your lender please review our Loan Return Request knowledge base article.

Submit a Ticket Print Article


Article ID: 91386
Tue 11/5/19 4:06 PM
Wed 5/1/24 4:23 PM

Related Articles (2)

Information regarding the process at Baker College for requesting the return of excess loan funds back to a lender.
This article contains detailed instructions on how to accept, decline or reduce federal student loans.

Related Services / Offerings (1)

Submit a request to reduce or cancel an existing loan. This option can also be used to request additional loan funds, if the student is eligible.