Baker College Third Party Funding

Employer Tuition Assistance Program

Employers that provide tuition assistance issue a voucher, letter of credit, or tuition assistance form for tuition. Students must turn the documentation into the OneStop Office, upon receipt. Please verify that all information is correct, including start date(s), course name(s), and course number(s). The College invoices the student’s employer using this document, and employers send payment directly to the College. Any unpaid balance is the responsibility of the student. It is also the student’s responsibility to obtain the voucher. The College will not invoice a student’s employer unless he or she has turned in the voucher/form.

Third Party Vouchers

Common third party forms of payment include, but are not limited to:

  • MI Works!
  • Michigan Education Trust (MET)
  • Michigan Rehabilitation Services (MRS)
  • Tuition Assistance Vouchers (Navy, Coast Guard, Marines, Air Force, etc.)

A student is responsible for turning in any vouchers/documents, issued by an outside agency authorizing payment of tuition, fees, and/or books/supplies, to the OneStop Office, upon receipt. Additionally, it is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all electronic vouchers/documents are received by the College for each semester he or she is planning to use outside funding. Once a voucher has been received students can see the anticipated funds as "pending" toward their semester charges on the Student Portal. Students can access the Student Portal on the View Balance or Make a Payment page on MyBaker, by selecting Make a Payment.

Michigan Education Trust (MET):

MET is a 529 prepaid tuition savings program and is administered through the State of Michigan. MET is specific to tuition, it does not pay for room and board or books. Once enrolled at Baker College students may choose to apply their MET funds toward the full cost of tuition, regardless of other funding sources (up to the final dollar of their contracted funds) or they may choose to extend their funds further by requesting that their MET dollars be applied after other funding sources (excluding loans). Upon Baker College receiving notification of a student's MET contract the default approach to billing the tuition to MET is to invoice for the full tuition cost before applying other funding sources (scholarships and grants). If a student wishes to opt to extend their MET funding by having Baker College invoice MET for their tuition costs after applying other funding sources the student may request that option by emailing a formal request to or through the submission of a ticket by selecting the "Submit a Ticket" button. Any request received for invoicing MET after other funding sources will remain in effect for each semester the student attends, unless the request is retracted by the student through a subsequent email or ticket. 

For additional questions email or click on the "Submit a Ticket" button. 

Submit a Ticket


Article ID: 131069
Wed 4/7/21 1:28 PM
Wed 9/6/23 12:34 PM

Related Services / Offerings (1)

Submit questions about an account balance, payments, recent account activity, or residence hall charges.