Social Security or ITIN Verification Process

Baker College is required, by the Internal Revenue Service, to prepare 1098-T tuition statements for all students who may qualify to claim education tax benefits.  As a part of that process we are required to collect, and securely store, a valid Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for all students.

Students needing to report or update a SSN or ITIN can submit those on MyBaker:

Once you log in, you will be presented with the current Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number on file for you.  Please verify that this number is accurate.  If the number is not accurate:
  • Click the link for Social Security Number Change Request
  • Complete the SSN Change Request Form:
    • Full Name
    • Baker College Email Address
    • UIN (student number)
    • Phone Number
    • Phone Number Type
  • Click the box to confirm that your SSN is not correct
  • Click Submit 

Once the request is submitted you will receive a follow up email with instructions on how to securely submit the required documentation to change your SSN or ITIN with Baker College.
If you have any questions regarding this process please contact One Stop at (833) 691-7867 or by email at You may also click the "Submit a Ticket" button to submit a ticket for assistance. 
Submit a Ticket


Article ID: 89641
Fri 10/18/19 8:30 AM
Mon 2/5/24 3:43 PM

Related Articles (4)

Answers to frequently asked questions about tax form 1098-T.
General information on the use of tax form 1098-T and how to access the document.
Information on the terms associated with the delivery of tax form 1098-T.
Guide for Students to Navigate the 1098T Functionality on the Student Billing Portal

Related Services / Offerings (1)

Submit questions about an account balance, payments, recent account activity, or residence hall charges.