Entrance Loan Counseling

All students and parents requesting a Federal Direct Subsidized, Unsubsidized or PLUS Loan for the first time are required to complete Entrance Loan Counseling online at https://studentaid.gov.

During the session you will learn about:

  • What a Direct Loan is and how the loan process works
  • Managing your education expenses
  • Other financial resources to consider to help pay for your education
  • Your rights and responsibilities as a borrower

Entrance Loan Counseling Instructions

  • Log in to studentaid.gov using your FSA ID
  • Under 'Loans and Grants' tab select 'Loan Entrance Counseling'
  • Click 'Start'
  • Complete and submit the counseling

Upon completion, Baker College will receive the results electronically and the requirements will be satisfied.

Note: When completing the counseling session it is critical that you select Baker College and do not select any of the branch campuses listed because all Entrance Counseling must be processed through the school listed as “Baker College”.

Download the Entrance Counseling Guide

Submit a Ticket


Article ID: 89152
Fri 10/11/19 2:24 PM
Tue 2/6/24 12:00 PM

Related Articles (1)

What types of loans are available? How much money can I borrow in federal student loans? Read this article to learn the answers to these questions and more.

Related Services / Offerings (1)

Submit a general question about financial aid, documents financial aid is requesting, or your financial aid offer.